Learn to Swim
<-Back to Squads page.
BPSC’s Learn to Swim scheme is a safe, supportive and fun environment in which we teach your child their first strokes and improve their current technique, allowing them to increase their water confidence and develop a lifelong enjoyment of the water.
BPSC’s Learn to Swim scheme offers the following:
- classes for children from 3 years of age and up;
- classes to suit a variety of experience and abilities;
- the SwimEngland Framework for swimming teaching;
- SwimEngland-qualified teachers and water helpers – all over-16s are DBS-checked;
- pool water helpers to support your child’s development – the majority of our water helpers began their own swimming journey at BPSC and currently swim in our squads;
- value for money – BPSC is a non-profit registered charity;
- two free taster sessions for new starters;
- numerous sessions across the week, at various Barnet venues;
- natural progression into the club’s squads, with the opportunity to participate in competitions.
Where possible, we aim to be inclusive and welcome children with special educational needs and/or disabilities. However, not all our locations may be suitable for all children. Please email email@example.com to discuss specific requirements.
If you are interested in finding out more, or would like to enroll your child, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing us with your child’s details including current swim level, age, and preferred sessions.
|Pool||Day||Session 1||Session 2|
|Whitings Hill||Tuesdays||4.45pm to 5.15pm||5.15pm to 5.45pm|
|QE Boys'||Thursdays||6.00pm to 6.30pm||6.30pm to 7.00pm|
|QE Boys'||Fridays||6.15pm to 6.45pm||6.45pm to 7.15pm|